Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

2nd Grade Dancing Scarecrows

These turned out so great. I saw a bunch of scarecrow lessons online and decided to do a little twist to the "normal" scarecrow. We talked about a scarecrows, talked about pretend/real, Reviewed the color wheel and talked about distance, and read a book. I asked them what it would be like if scarecrows could have a day off. So we decided to make them dancing or stretching, since it's a busy job being a scarecrow!

We reviewed primary colors, secondary colors, horizon line, how to draw a scarecrow, and size/distance.










If you have any questions how I went about teaching this lesson let me know! Have fun art making!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I will have to adapt this idea into a lesson I teach in the future :) Thanks Candice! This blog is great!

    ReplyDelete