Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

4th grade Fantastic Figure

Ever since the 1st day of school all of the 4th graders asked me if they could draw my wooden mannequin that stands proudly on my desk.

I had pictures up on the screen of 3 different poses. We discussed how to build a figure through shapes, emphasizing not being too "controlled" or having it to look perfect. We reviewed sketching and observing the figure. 
The last pose they could come up with there own "scene". I thought after they had some experience with drawing the figure, the students named him "woody", they would feel more comfortable drawing the 4th pose. 


We studied complimentary colors. We used oil pastels to outline pencil lines, and then colored the color that compliments.
Here are some examples:










No comments:

Post a Comment