Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2nd Grade Apple Blossom Branches

These were so fun to create.  and they are a little different from different apple/cherry blossom lessons I've seen.

We used 11" x 17" light blue construction paper. acrylic paint (brown), thick Sharpie markers, assorted tissue paper, glue, yellow paint.

We talked about symmetry vs. asymmetry; then created a asymmetrical branch. Painted it with brown acrylic paint, allowed to dry, outlined with black sharpie marker, added dashes for texture of the branch.

Then we used a pencil to create flowers and glued down on the little branches/twigs.

Then students had free choice to add butterflies, squirrels, flies, etc. to the background.

They turned out great.. During the Art Show the parents and community really enjoyed  the branches.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Candice! I'm sending you a Versatile Blog Award! Congrats, thanks for the great lessons you post!

    Visit my site to see the details...
    http://dalimoustache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute name for your blog. I'm glad I found you, and happy to be a follower!

    MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Ladies!

    and Thank you Lauren.. I haven't updated frequently but I really enjoy blogging and viewing other art education blogs.

    ReplyDelete